The Catholic Women’s League of Canada (CWL) – Saint Benedict Parish Council
Contact: Christina Corkett, President
Phone # – 445-3964
You may write to us using the following link:
Description of the Group:
The Saint Benedict Parish Council of the Catholic Women’s League (CWL) is a group of women from the parish who, as members of the national League, support our pastor, parish community and each other celebrating our Catholic faith. We currently have over 180 members at the parish level and just under 100,000 Canada wide.
The objects of the League are to unite Catholic women of Canada:
- To achieve individual and collective spiritual development
- To promote the teachings of the Catholic church
- To exemplify the Christian ideal in home and family life
- To enhance the role of women in church and society
- To recognize the human dignity of all people everywhere
- To uphold and defend Christian education and values in the modern world
- To contribute to the understanding and growth of religious freedom, social justice, peace and harmony
The CWL is rooted in gospel values and calls all women from across Canada to foster and celebrate the Catholic faith through service to all people of God. The patroness of the League is the Blessed Virgin Mary under the title of “Our Lady of Good Counsel”. We have the opportunity to attend annual conventions at the national, provincial and diocesan levels, retreats, spiritual reflection, and training/educational sessions.
We meet on the first Wednesday of each month (except January and September – 2nd Wednesday) in the Rev. O’Neill Auditorium, starting at 7 pm. Members receive the Canadian League magazine three times a year and maintain affiliation with the World Union of Catholic Women’s Organizations.
The League operates on a system of standing committees and in consultation with our pastor, supports the work of the parish. Members develop leadership qualities through formal and informal training to take active roles in the affairs of their faith, community and society.
Check out the parish’s weekly bulletin or calendar for the latest events being organized by our Council.
Links of interest:
The National website http://www.cwl.ca
Provincial Council http://www.cwl.ns.ca