General Information for those serving at DR18
Saturday, June 9th & Sunday, June 10th
- We will be joined by all kinds of conference delegates coming to Mass, let's make them feel welcome!
Conference Check-in for Registrants (all takes place in the St. Joseph Room)
- Sunday: 1-5pm and 6-9pm
- Monday: 7am-12pm
MONDAY, JUNE 11TH AND TUESDAY, JUNE 12TH
- 7:00 AM - Greeters and drivers are at the hotels (MSVU residence, Chateau Bedford, Holiday Inn and Future Inn) and will start transporting some of our guests to SBP.
- 7:00 AM Greeters and registration volunteers at SBP ready to meet & greet
- 8:30 AM - 9:45 AM ADT - Mass (Not open to the public, for conference delegates only)
- 9:45 AM - 10:15 AM ADT- Break
- 10:15 AM - 12:00 PM ADT - Morning Plenary
- 12:00 PM - 2:30 PM ADT - Lunch & Break (We will have shuttle buses running starting at noon to take delegates to the Scotiabank Theatre parking lot and will direct people to the restaurants noted in their name tags).
- 2:30 PM - 4:15 PM ADT - Breakout Sessions - Scotiabank Theatre (Delegates can join any session at any time).
- 4:15 PM - 6:30 PM ADT - Networking & Break (Delegates encouraged to grab dinner with another team to discuss what they've learned or to just make new friends. Shuttle buses will be running back to the parish).
- The last shuttle bus leaves the Scotiabank Theatre at 6:15 PM to head back to Saint Benedict Parish.
- 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM ADT Evening Plenary
- 8:30 PM - Volunteer Drivers will begin to take some delegates back to their hotels
Don't forget-- the Blessed Sacrament will be exposed and a small chapel set up in the St. Lawrence Room from 10am-10pm on Monday and Tuesday of the conference. People were invited to sign up for specific times over the past few weeks.
On Wednesday, we will have Eucharistic Adoration from 8-4pm in the chapel. If you have questions about this, please speak with Donna LeGier as she is our Adoration Ministry Leader. Thanks!
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 13TH
Clergy Day - SBP Auditorium (Mass at 4:30 PM, open to everyone)
Alpha Day - MSVU Rosaria Building
THURSDAY, JUNE 14TH
Divine Renovation Network Day - SBP Auditorium
(9:00 AM Mass is open to everyone)
DR18 COMMITTEE LEADS
Sue & Jerry LeRue for hospitality at SBP (click here for info sheet)
John Kuehn for transportation
Judy Foran for registration and hotel greeting
Donna Prosser for hospitality at Scotiabank Theatre
Walter Fekeshazy for food & beverage (click here for info sheet)
Bev Brown for first aid
Sheila Maguire for Alpha Day
Colleen Fitzgerald and Elizabeth Randell for general questions
Video Interviews with Delegates
There will be an opportunity to capture stories of life and parish transformation from the conference delegates. When you're talking with people and finding out their stories, if they have something wonderful to share, please introduce them to a member of the SBP Staff Team in hopes we can get them on video. There will be a room set up for recording and also Nathan (on the DR Ministry Team, and others) will be on the move getting people on camera. Thanks for assisting with this project!
Please note that the parish office will be closed for the week of June 11th - 14th as it will be all hands on deck for the staff team (and also due to limits on the number of people that can be in the building with the conference being sold out).
Please pray for all the delegates and in a particular way for the name(s) you drew out of the basket after Mass on the weekend of May 26/27. Come Holy Spirit! Renew the face of the earth!
Radical Hospitality for DR18
On Thursday, May 31st, 250 of our members who signed up to serve gathered with the DR Ministry Team and the SaintBP Staff Team to get (more) excited about the conference. Ron Huntley shared beautifully about how we can be radically hospitable, here are a few of the things he shared:
(Of our guests) Please Don't Assume:
- That all the delegates speak English;
- That all the delegates are Catholic;
- That all the delegates have read Divine Renovation or Divine Renovation Apprentice;
- Don't bring up politics! Politics can be divisive and polarizing. If someone brings up politics, perhaps just share that we're praying for the challenging political situations all around the world.
- Be present to the person right in front of you!
- Be curious! People are here to learn, but we also want to learn about them. Ask them about their faith journey, ask them about their parish, ask them how they came to be here at DR18. Ask them their favourite experience so far.
- Whenever possible, let's go above and beyond for people-- if people are asking for directions (or perhaps even just looking like they might be unsure where to go) instead of pointing, let's take them where they need to go.
- Have a joyful disposition!